Friday 8 February 2008

Evaluating my contribution to, Production

Individual input for production.
I was the main actor during filming and both Raina and I contributed to Directing.

Acting: I acted as the main character for the whole production
Voice: I will also provide the voice for summer.
Props: A baby doll, Blanket, Make up, Dressing gown, change of tops x3, white thread, fake flowers, vase, fake broken glass.
Music: For the opening
After filming we noted that we left one of the props in the shot while filming in the medical room, sadly it was too late to re-film and luckily it could easily be passed off for something else, like a bottle of drink.
After filming our extra footage on the Monday we realised we had forgotten to reset the white balance on the camera for the new location this will raise a big continuity issue but unfortunately it’s too late to redo it.
Group contribution.
Raina filmed
We both added input when filming (i.e. stage directions)
We took turns in taking the pictures for the opening sequence depending on who was needed in the shot.

When filming I acted as the main role and I am the only character throughout most of the production. I was unhappy with some of my acting and found it hard in places to get the right emotion across or to take it seriously and in future would work harder to improve those skills, I think a lot of the problem is that I get shy infront of the camera and found it hard to relax, I would defiantly say I prefer to be behind the camera than in front of it. However overall I think for the most part it came out reasonably well. Although I did have a lot of trouble with end shot when Rachel is supposed to cry I found this very hard and in the end had to take the camera home to film it on my own. I managed to get a reasonable shot eventually but I wasn’t completely satisfied with it. I think the props I brought were essential for the story line in particular. We both agreed that I would do the voice for Summer as well as I was slightly better at doing it which will be recorded and laid as a sound track in post production, this is a very important part of the production as it’s the only dialog apart from one piece of dialog at the end from Rachel which I also did. I found that dialogue very hard to do and struggled with it throughout filming I still wasn’t entirely happy with the end result and would defiantly need to work on that in future projects. It was also decided to find music to put to the opening scenes which I will provide as a sound track this will also be added in post production again this is important because I think it will help add drama a build the right setting for the film. As a group Raina did nearly all of the filming except one shot that we shot as a re-take but we both contributed with directing and saying which positioning looked best although Raina did the majority but I do think that because we worked as a team it was easier and the result was good. The pictures for the opening scenes are essential as the build background for the story and I think they came out really well they were one of things I was most happy with in this production.

No comments: